The Society, Incorporated, is a non-profit national organization of women dedicated to enhancing, exposing, and promoting youth in the arts for the betterment of our communities. We are bonded in friendship and service to encourage and support youth who are talented in the arts. With a focus on underserved children, we provide support for young literary, visual, and performing artists.
Greater Delaware Valley Pennsylvania Chapter of The Society Incorporated started as an interest group in 1995 and chartered on March 20, 1996. The chapter has provided financial and artistic support to local young artists throughout Philadelphia and the suburban areas, focusing on exposing young people to a broad spectrum of creative endeavors that includes:
- Offering opportunities to perform in a professional venue which includes.
- Literary Arts – Poetry, Essays (and other writing), Artistic student response and expression.
- Performing Arts- Dance, Stage, and other Theatrical Performances.
- Visual Arts – Fine, Applied, and Photography.
- Instrumental Arts – Voice, and Instrumental Music
- Scholarships to high school seniors planning to major or minor in the arts in a post-secondary institution.
- Stipends to K-12 students in need of financial support to promote creative development.
- Support to local non-profits and educational institutions.
Visit www.thesocietyinc.org for our National website.